Almost every home has a microwave oven, which adds much comfort to our daily lives. But have you ever thought that magnets play a vital role in microwave ovens? Usually, there are two magnets inside a magnetron inside the microwave oven, which are used to guide electrons to heat food.
What is the purpose of Magnets Microwave?
- to guide electrons to heat food.
What Are Ferrite Magnets?
- Known as ceramic Magnets
- A mixture of a large proportion of iron ad metal
- Ferrite is a non-metallic magnetic ferrite, also known as ferrite
About the history of ferrite?
In 1930, the Tokyo Institute of Technology scientists discovered that oxides containing iron and divalent cations had distinctive magnetic properties. Tokyo Tech is the largest institution for higher education in Japan dedicated to science and technology and t is generally considered to be one of the most prestigious universities in Japan.
Ferrite Magnets Safety:
Magnets are amazingly useful and fun for science projects, DIY, and hobby but they aren’t without their dangers.
- Always wear safety goggles when handling large magnets.
- Always wear gloves when handling magnets to prevent pinching.
- Children should NEVER be allowed to play with Ferrite/NEODYMIUM magnets.
- Keep magnets at least 20cm (7.87″) away from sensitive electronic and storage devices
Ferrite Magnet Hazard
- Harmful if swallowed.
- Harmful if inhaled.
- Precautionary statement Prevention Avoid breathing dust/fume.
- Wash thoroughly after handling